Tundra Tots is a toddler and preschool program that employs storytelling, play, and art to provide meaningful outdoor experiences for the whole family. Tundra Tots will get your kids laughing, learning, and exploring all the wonders that Denali has to offer! Each week will feature a new leader and theme. Throughout the summer we will navigate the Nenana, frolic through the taiga forest, and tumble on the tundra.
Parents stay and play and with us! $5 suggested donation per program.
Who: Ages 2-5 years (siblings welcome; older siblings may be recruited to help!)
When: Every Monday, 11:30am-12:30pm, May 28-August 28
Where: Charles Sheldon Center
To provide meaningful outdoor experiences for local preschoolers and families in which to enjoy and understand the natural world.
Students expand their sense of community, building a holistic notion of home reflected through storytelling, play, and art rooted in the natural world.
Goals and Objectives
- Create a fun and safe environment in which to experience the outdoors
- Provide enriching outdoor experiences that nurture curiosity and discovery within the local environment
- Foster self-expression through storytelling, play, and art
- Support healthy social development through notions of community and belonging
- Facilitate and engage whole families as educators
Topics throughout the summer include Sprouting Seeds, Wild About Wildflowers, Bears, Nature Creations, Bugs, For the Birds, Squirrels, Moose, Berries and more!
If you are interested in leading a Tundra Tots program or would like more information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 907-683-2597.